Help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mandy, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Good day all

I’m Mandy and would like to know if you could advise with the following

I’ve recently joined the path to being a Safety Officer and currently hold certificates SHE rep Incident Investigation and HIRA with a national certificate in project management...... with that said my question is would it be a bad idea to enroll in BA Disaster and Safety Management offered by Lyceum and couple that with a nebosh certificate or samtrac I’m currently confused on which step to take next because at the moment its been very hard to find employment

Please advise and thank you in advance
  2. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your question.

You will never go wrong in studying towards formal qualifications in H&S and so if you prefer the above-mentioned course rather than going to UNISA then do so.

NEBOSCH will be better bet than SAMTRAC due to the nature of the manner the courses is set out and then again it will depned what your needs are and in which industry you are looking at entry or operate in.

Trust this will help.
  3. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Thank you so much for the above
    Please also assist with qualifications that one needs to be a fully qualified / certified safety practitioner

Please also share the different industries available for a safety person because I know the following construction, mining and FMCG
  4. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Hi Mandy,

which industry are looking at entering?
  5. Mandy

Mandy New Member

Hi Neil

I was thinking construction or mining because of how the BA curriculum is structured but given my current location i might not have the correct exposure or practical experience especially concerning mining..... FMCG i hadn’t considered it because I’m not sure how it operates regarding pursuing career within the industry I
  6. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

in order for you to practice in the construction industry you are required to register with SACPCMP and simlar in the minning sector not with SACPCMP. please visit their site for more information.