Falling from Height

Discussion in 'Fall Protection' started by Brian, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Brian

Brian Member

Falling from Height

Interesting news topic

The number of construction workers falling from height has increased by 60% according to shock figures from consultants at the Building Safety Group.
    The data is based on accidents reported in the three months from May until July by Building Safety Group’s membership of more than 20,000 construction workers across the UK.

Injuries caused while lifting, handling and carrying also increased by 37% year-on-year.

The managing director of the Building Safety Group, said: “While a number of health & safety areas have improved, the areas that are the most serious and cause the most lasting damage have risen.

And DO NOT for one minute THINK yaahh :p !! but it wont happen to me:eek: that only happens and applies to and in the UK. NO wrong it applies here in SA too.

“These figures prove that there is no room for complacency in construction. People have a right to go to work and return home in the same state of health that they left in the morning.

“However we all have a responsibility to make sure that people work safely, not only employers, but everyone on a site has responsibility to make sure that they are working in a way that is in line with good practice and good health & safety guidelines, and that they flag up anything they see that it dangerous.â€

“Don’t test gravity:confused:, wear your fall protection!â€

The message to remember: Never take unnecessary risks when working from heights. Always use proper fall protection in order to prevent injuries. :cool:

2. Brian

Brian Member

"Does gravity work at ground level?":confused:

Hang on a sec! I am not so sure it does. I will go out and test it quickly,if I cant get up on my own after falling 55m then I guess we can conclude it does.

What we now define as a height,"Is working from any elevated position" is this not already the definition.:rolleyes:

Yippee!!!! We will soon be giving out more than just free condoms.:D

What other free stuff will I be getting.

Then we suddenly scream the new regulations aren't working.

Well they aren't anyway,I fell off the condom wrapper you left lying on the ground.:mad: