Keynote Address by TW Nxesi MP, Minister of Employment and Labour at the Occupational Health and Saf

Discussion in 'Occupational Health & Safety News and Articles' started by Neil Enslin, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Keynote Address by TW Nxesi MP, Minister of Employment and Labour at the Occupational Health and Safety Conference at Emperors Palace

Protocol:
    • Programme Director
    • DM
    • DG, Commissioners and Senior Management of the Department
    • Representatives of Labour, Employers and officials of other government departments
    • Invited speakers, academics and experts in your respective fields
    • Most importantly, the Inspector General and inspectors
    • Ladies and gentlemen

I am honoured to participate in this important event. The promotion of legislation and regulation of Occupational Health and Safety – and implementation through inspection and enforcement – in collaboration with the social partners - remains a vital mandate of the Department of Employment and Labour. And the renaming of the Department does not change that in the least.

[I will return at the end of my remarks to briefly speak on the wider implications of the renaming and reconfiguration of the Department.]

OHS – and a healthy and safe working environment - is an important part of what we mean when we speak of decent jobs – which is so well-captured in the theme and objective of the Conference [and here I mean ‘captured’ in a good way.]

For the full address see attached document

Source: http://www.labour.gov.za/DOL/media-...th-and-safety-conference-at-emperors-palace-1