What Has Happened To This Site.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Brian

Brian Member

What Has Happened To This Site.

I t appears as though it has dropped dead. looking at the dates of posts and discussions, it has been months without interesting topics and or active debate and discussion.

Such a pity. As in my early days it was and inspiration to me as a young health and safety practitioner.

How best could it be revived.

2. Brian

Brian Member

Now that I am not registered with the SACPCMP I am not allowed to participate in forums and sites such as this as I am unsuitably qualified to have an opinion or offer any advice or comments. Because it would be wrong as an "Unskilled" or so called "Unskilled" safety practitioner since the advent of the SACPCMP registration it would be illegal for me to provide and form of advice and or opinion.

Irrespective of the fact that I had been practicing as a UK certified "Techiosh" for the past 7 years, with and excellent record without incident on any of my sites due to my expertise, skills and professionalism and was even given the coveted status of "OSHPROF" by SAIOSH. Now without being registered I can no longer call my self certified or suitable to serve the construction industry.

Which is a pity as I believed and still believe I had and have much to offer the industry and forums and inspirational sites such as this one. But alas the construction industry no longer needs professionals like me and others like me who feel that registration with the SACPCMP is daylight robbery and constitutional incorrect considering the years I served and gave the industry.

Well I guess that is history now as it seems the same for this great site "Safebuild" it is sad to see you dying.

Pity that failure to register with the SACPCMP means the certain death of exceptional HSE practitioners who once served the construction industry with pride.

A loss to the industry and to such informative helpful and inspirational sites and Forums like this one. :mad:

Hugo likes this.
  3. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Dear Brain,

The forum gets regularly update with news articles/research papers etc, but at the end of the day its the members (over 2000 of them)responsibility to keep the site interactive not so much the moderators and a few active members like yourself and three others. The forum is open to all HSE and we appreciate all their input and feedback.

Regards,

4. Brian

Brian Member

Hi Neil.

Sorry it is not me picking on the the site or it's administrators. It is the members who seem to have lost the interest that was once there 3 or 4 years ago. I have always enjoyed this site and learnt much from it and the administrators wealth of HSE knowledge.

The forum is open to all HSE and we appreciate all their input and feedback.

Please members I and we encourage you to become more interactive, and let us all help one another.

5. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Hi Brain,

I fully understand Brain,my experiences with forums is that most members absorb whats written and shared inform of research papers, articles or news but might not feel comfortable posting questions/answers on the forum.

Therefore we happy to continue inform the member of the latest's development/advances in the filed of SHEQ.

Happy new year all and many you be blessed in 2016.

regards,

6. Change Agent

Change Agent Guest

Happy new year to you too Brian!

I did lose interest yes, thanks for asking. Maybe.... nekstaaim.

Take care and enjoy 2016!

7. Hugo

Hugo New Member

Brian, I absolutely agree with you. I simply cannot register as I cannot justify the registration fees, not to mention the cidb points you need. We must pay 11 to 15 k for a two day seminar to get 5 points.. I have more than 22 years construction, mining and heavy industrial experience. 11 years as Hse practitioner. To my knowledge im still the only Hse practitioner in the country with high voltage authorization from Eskom. But I guess the government doesn't need guys like us.

8. Hi All

I must admit i have not been on this site for quite some time.

Currently in Liberia practicing my craft on a Hydro electric project rehabilitation, dam. About $400m. Coming to the registration process of SACPCMP, i have been paying professional fees for over 2 years as a Agent, yet i am not registered as one, all my details have been submitted and whenever i contact them i am still Under Assessment, i have been waiting for months, even though i am chartered and work internationally in construction and oil and gas. I am even registered as a HSE commissioning engineer - i.e one cannot commission if the construction is not sound. Yes, i to have problems with the registration in SA, Why I do not know. My Last 3 Projects have been Huge, collectively over $2.5b , i am good enough internationally, but does not seem so in SA.

Regards
    Shane

9. Brian

Brian Member

10. Brian

Brian Member

Hi Shane. Good to hear you are doing well internationally. Pleased to hear. Yes there still seems to be a problem regarding SACPCMP registration however they seem to be overcoming it slowly. Too slowly for too many of us.Much as the same as you, all my details have been submitted and whenever I contact them I am still Under Assessment, I have now been waiting for months,as well and am consistently attempting to obtain an interview and CHSM examination date .

Well, I sincerely hope you continue to thrive in the international market place and use your expertise where it is respected and appreciated. In this country all they want is our money and to give nothing in return.

All the best

Regards

Brian