Where Do They Get These People : Recruiters Indeed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Brian

Brian Member

Candidate Requirements

Requirements:

A Grade 12 plus a National Diploma in Safety Management or equivalent coupled with 3 years’ experience.

• Knowledge in HIRA and Incident and Accident Investigation.
    • Adequate knowledge and implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act No.85 of 1993.
    • A SAMTRAC certificate will be advantageous.(Ha, ha LOL).
    • Good managerial, communication and interpersonal skills.
    • Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSAS) 18001 specification and COID Act No 130 of 1993.
    • A valid driver’s license and own transport. Need to be able to travel away from home quite frequently.
    • The ability to design programmes.
    • Planning, negotiation and reporting skills.
    • Must be computer literate.
    NEXT

Construction Supervisor/Safety Officer
    Cape Town, Western Cape
    Contract

Minimum requirements:
    Grade 12 and recognized safety certificate e.g Samtrac or Nadsam (How do these 2 equate ?)
    5 years experience in a nuclear related industry
    Must be willing to relocate or live in Cape Town

Do recruiters actually know the difference between Samtrac and Nadsam I wonder ?

2. Neels Nortje

Neels Nortje Moderator

This is the exactly why we need OHS Professional Registration, in future employers will only have to stipulate a registered grade e.g. Pr. CHS Agent or CMIOSHSA etc.

3. Besides all this, HIRA and ISO 31000. Been reading a bit lately, and having just done QRA's and Safety cases in Oman, ISO31000, meets only the basic measures, it depends on who is doing the RA and the competency of the person.
    I need your thoughts on this, as it can become I believe a legal issue, if person A, does a ISO31000 RA, but misses the criteria as dictated by the hazards, person B has the competences. Note that this is in the IOSH SA code of practice, do not do work outside of your competence.

Your Thoughts
    Shane