Win a SafeBuild DVD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GaryAmstutz, Sep 16, 2010.

?

Why don't you post more on this forum

1. Forgot my login details

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Prefer to watch from the sidelines

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too busy

16.7%
  4. Other

83.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaryAmstutz

GaryAmstutz Guest

Post your comments in this thread on what we could do to encourage you to participate more in this forum and you could win a copy of the new SafeBuild DVD.

Anybody posting in this thread will qualify for the draw, which will be held at the end of September.

Gary

2. Safety Joe

Safety Joe Member

Encouraging the posting of comments on the forum.

A weekly or monthly topic should be selected for discussion or a ridiculous question posed to elicit reaction. For instance we could deal with excavations one week, working at heights the next and so on. Alternatively you could pose a ridiculous question such as, "I'm roofing a house and there is nowhere to attach a body harness. Is it acceptable to have another heavier employee attached to the lanyard whilst seated on the opposite angle of the roof?"
    Just a thought!

3. JW Burger

JW Burger New Member

Good day all

I feel as a safety practitioner it is extremely important to prevent incidents & accidents in the work place, with this forum you can do it in your own workplace as well as the workplace of other safety practitioners.

I suggest that if you had an incident at your workplace, it can be completely Anonymous, you post it on the forum, not to try run your company down, but to get the word out there, prevent rumors & to raise awareness into other companies. As well there is some junior safety practitioners battling with high priority investigations & don't know what to look at or what questions to ask in the enquiry, i know there is some senior practitioners on the forum that will be more than willing to assist with suggestions or who had a simmilar experience.

I feel as a safety practitioner the most important part of an investigation is to prevent recurrance of the same or similar incident, but with the help of the forum & it's members, you can prevent the same or simmilar incident recurring in another workplace as well.

:cool:

4. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Hi Safety Joe,

Thank you for your suggestions. We do have under excavations, for example, placed what we call legal checks for individuals to see what regulations have to say on excavations. You're welcome to comment on them and start a debate. We don't want to scribe to forum members what to do but rather have them share their ideas and experiences with one another.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
  5. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Hi JW Burger,

Thank you for your suggestions. We welcome forum members to share their accident recalls with us, as you pointed out in your post, that it can be a sensitive issue, and therefore, we will leave it up to the members, who don't mind sharing the accidents/incidents with us.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
  6. GaryAmstutz

GaryAmstutz Guest

Hi Neil,

If members want to do a confidential accident recall, perhaps they could PM or email you directly and you could then post the details anonymously as your post?

Gary

7. Neels Nortje

Neels Nortje Moderator

Hi All,

Incident recall is a great tool and exercise to learn from, as mentioned JW Burger, and will prevent the recurrence of a similar incident.

Members are more than welcome, in fact they are encourage, to post the findings of their incident/accident investigations as well as the lessons learned from it. The practice of publishing results of investigations, excluding names of individuals and companies, has been around for a long time, so please do it on this forum as well.

Looking forward to see some cases published my the members. Lets do it under the following Forum Topic: http://forum.masterbuilders.co.za/forumdisplay.php?51-Investigation-and-Recording-of-Incidents

8. piet van vuuren

piet van vuuren New Member

Reason for not posting threads

I sometimes totally forget about the forum and battle to get answers to questions locally. Yes, I think I should rename the site so that it displays first in my favorates toolbar. regards
    Piet Jansen van Vuuren

9. JW Burger

JW Burger New Member

Hi Piet

Make the forum your home page, if you enter internet explorer, you go straight to the forum

10. piet van vuuren

Forget to consult the forum

Thanks, great idea, I will do so;

11. oshacampus

oshacampus New Member

:)Help Search Engines Find Your Forum
    We should promote this forum on Search Engine for us to have a traffic in google. Most of the time it really help the people to find us actually.

:)Contests Can Be Useful
    I think we should run a few contests that will increase meaningful post counts. Host a contest requesting meaningful posts about a specific topic, and use the voting options that come with most forums to have the community vote on the winner. For prizes, you can give out anything from physical items to custom forum titles.

12. piet van vuuren

Done so, and it works for me. I read threads, but have not replied to any recently. How do you all feel around the professional registration issue. The cost of registration and membership escalated a lot during my three years period of membership and it does not look healthy to me. There is still a lot of unanswered questions and I feel like sitting on the sideline and watch whats developing out of this first. Anybody with the same feelings as I?

13. Neil Enslin

Neil Enslin Moderator

Good day Forum Members,

It's with great pleasure that I announce the winners of the SafeBuild DVD Competition. Congratulations to the following three forum members and thank you for all those that provided us with suggestions/feedback on how to improve participation on the forum.

The winners are, as per their usernames on the forum:

Safety Joe,

JW Burger,

Piet van Vuuren.

Regards,

14. GaryAmstutz

GaryAmstutz Guest

Congratulations to all the winners!

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.